Date Capture Services
Without the right information at the right time, decisions in a company can make or break opportunities in a competitive market. If your company has been dealing with data, you’d know that the process of capturing data and digitising them is a tedious and time consuming process. Data capture solutions and document scanning services provide an answer to this problem.
Data capture and document imaging usually refer to acquiring data from physical sources such as paper documents, forms, receipts, microfilms and photographs, and converting them to an electronic format. This is also known as electronic data capture (EDC).
Converting data from physical formats to digital forms is a complex process especially if the number of documents handled is large. Through document scanning and data capture services, it is possible to digitise large volumes of documents under short timelines.
getsix® Services has been working with customers of all sizes in managing their documentation needs of varying volumes. Prior to converting data, data is scanned by using high-speed scanners. The documents could be scanned in our offices (Off-Site) or at your premises (On-Site).
This data is then processed by using OCR (Optical character recognition) or ICR (Intelligent character recognition) and the resultant data is stored in our Microsoft SharePoint Document Management System. This can be retrieved anytime in the future.
Our data capture systems we cover these business areas:
1. Paper to image conversion – We can convert huge volumes of paper documents into digital images of various file formats. This can be further processed and can be stored in an archived database.
2. Data capture from coupons, vouchers and receipts – We can capture information from sales coupons, promotional vouchers and purchase receipts.
3. Check scanning and imaging – Checks and legal documents contain sensitive information that needs to be handled sensibly. Converting data from checks through OCR and ICR lets you to securely store and retrieve information from them anytime.
4. Forms capture – We can collect information from forms, convert them into images and store them in a database after processing.
5. Birth records, municipal records and town records data entry – We can enter and digitise data from public records like birth records, municipal records and town records. These can be archived and made searchable.
How long does it take to retrieve a document?
The getsix® Services document scanning service provides our customers with images of documents which they can instantly view on-screen. But how do they find those documents?
When looking for records on a database, staff would conduct searches using various reference numbers, customer names or date ranges. With the getsix® Services data capture and document indexing service, your staff will be able to use a range of similar terms to quickly pin down documents such as insurance claims, invoices or medical records.
Data Indexing Services
We Adapt Our Indexing Services to Cater to the Specific Needs of Your organisation.
When performing indexing, getsix® Services can organise your data according to the specific needs of your business. We can extract essential information, such as keywords, document number, titles, invoice number, file name, document date, or any other field you require.
Outsourcing indexing services to getsix® Services will ensure you can focus your efforts towards the more important functions of your organisation. We have the capability to perform indexing for a wide range of images, documents and other text files.
Our indexing services include:
- Document Indexing;
- Legal Document Indexing;
- Full Profile and Text Indexing;
- Meta Data Indexing;
- Keyword Indexing;
- Invoice Indexing.
Transforming your paper documents into information assets
At getsix® Services, we provide document scanning services (On-Site and Off-Site) to help organisations convert high volumes of paper documents to digital format, so they can reduce paper storage costs, store documents securely and locate them quickly. Our heavy investment in Kofax Capture technology, together with the development of our Customer Extranet using Microsoft SharePoint document management software, enable us to add significant value to your documents, helping you improve response to customers and suppliers, reduce administrative effort and better manage compliance.
Once we have scanned your documents with our Off-Site Scanning Services or you have scanned your documents at your premises (On-Site Scanning Services) our data capture and indexing services provide you with consistently indexed content, allowing you to organise documents such as sales orders, employee records, complaint correspondence or goods received notes for instant, accurate retrieval and improved records traceability.
With our document indexing services, we can index your scanned documents with a wide range of metadata, such as:
- Document type
- Policy number, account number, national insurance number
- Record retention period
- Date of birth, start date, dispatch date
- Blood group
- Name of customer, supplier, employee, patient, enquirer etc.
- Relevant product, service, department, case handler
The result is an electronic scanned document image showing the document in the as-received state, which is now associated with a useful range of searchable index field data. To add this data, we use a range of methods ranging from manual input to automatic methods such as zonal OCR, bar code recognition or database validation.
In addition, we can include a data validation stage to verify the integrity of index data such as account or policy numbers.
Data capture and document indexing – not just paper
The getsix® Services data capture and document indexing service can be applied to any type of document in any format, including faxes, emails and attachments, drawings, Office documents and most other electronic document formats.
Discover how getsix® can streamline your data capture and indexing requirements, contact us today.
Benefits of outsourcing data capture and indexing services
- Save on space and filing cabinets by eliminating physical documents and converting them into digital formats. This converts to money saved on infrastructure and office equipment every year;
- Reduce administrative overheads and staff costs. While dealing with traditional documents, a lot of time is spent by your staff in finding, retrieving and handling documents. In a digital format, data can be recovered at a fraction of time when compared to the traditional format. Based on the number of documents you handle the administrative costs can be staggering which can be reduced greatly with digital documents;
- Never lose data again. With digitized documents, data can be stored away safely in multiple locations. This allows for greater security than paper documents;
- Acquire a competitive advantage. In today’s changing market, it is imperative to get your solutions out to the market before your competition. A cumbersome data management system can foil your chances of beating your competition and getting more business. A powerful document management solution can leapfrog you into better customer satisfaction and a higher competitive advantage.